BISAC codes!?

Subject: BISAC codes!?
From: Steven Oppenheimer <Steven -at- OppenheimerCommunications -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:24:36 -0400

I have finally self-published my college hunting guide, Spying On The College Of Your Choice. It is listed at B&N.com and VirtualBookworm.com, and should be up on Amazon shortly.

The listing at B&N is very brief, but they have a way for authors to provide additional information. Part of what I am supposed to provide is something called BISAC codes for both the audience and subject. A web search on BISAC brings me to the Book Industry Study Group, which is willing to sell me a book that lists the BISAC codes. I'd really rather not shell out money for a one-shot effort. Does anyone already have this book, and can you tell me the BISAC codes that correspond to the following?

BISAC Audience: High School Students and Their Parents, Counselors, and Teachers
BISAC Subject: College Hunting and College Preparation

(The descriptive text is mine, and I have no idea if it matches the words used by BISAC, but if you can provide the closest possible match, that would help.)

Incidentally, if you have kids heading to college within the next few years, you can take a peek at www.SpyingOnTheCollegeOfYourChoice.com to learn more about the book.

Steven Oppenheimer, M.A.
Oppenheimer Communications
Technical and Business Writing: From Complexity To Clarity (SM)
Steven -at- OpComm -dot- com www.OpComm.com (301) 468-9233

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com