Re: WebWorks vs. RoboHelp

Subject: Re: WebWorks vs. RoboHelp
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:59:41 -0400

bounce-techwr-l-106467 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com wrote on 07/07/2004 10:30:41 AM:
> Why not WebWorks Publisher 2003? Cos of the brand name?

Why not MIF2Go? Free to download, try, and use for non-commercial work. A
price that can't be beat for commercial use.

I don't have any experience with it (as I don't create help), but
considering the price, support, the FM to Word filters, and how little it
takes to learn and setup a couple of configuration files I'd certainly
make Mif2Go my first choice. Seems the Word filters make it worth the
price even if you don't use the other features.

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com