Re: STC Transformation -- info

Subject: Re: STC Transformation -- info
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:41:21 -0400

TechComm Dood wrote:
>> You have a very good point there. So, what's the fix?
>
> New job? :-|

Then the question is why the STC is complaining about this! That's where
it's most troubling, actually. That's probably the main reason I brought
it up. I read the same sentiments on the STC site, which kind of blows
me away. A professional organization should not make any kinds of
statements that allude to some of its practitioners' feelings of being
unappreciated. If their organizational and change-management guru is any
good, he should be counseling the STC to not talk about "proving worth"
or "demonstrating value."

I did note that one of the prongs of the STC's new approach (and this
addresses something Eric Dunn said this morning) includes involving
business and industry more in the organization.

Bonnie Granat
www.GranatEdit.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com