Re: The STC and me

Subject: Re: The STC and me
From: John Fleming <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:36:43 -0600

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:05:56 -0400, while chained to a desk in the
scriptorium, techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com ("T.W. Smith") wrote:

> $I did apply for a job that I was well-qualified for, and they were
> $looking for folks active in the local STC, which I am, yet the company
> $in question never followed up.

Speaking of the financial end, I've picked up more than enough contract
work through leads generated by STC membership to pay for my membership
for the rest of my life--and a whole lot longer. In short, the six
years I've been in STC have more than paid for themselves in revenue
generated.

As Goeff Hart pointed out, it's all in making the STC membership work
for me.

John Fleming
Technical Writer
Edmonton, Alberta