Followup on FM 7.1 and AutoCAD files

Subject: Followup on FM 7.1 and AutoCAD files
From: Leo Hill <leochill -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:20:31 -0700 (PDT)

Someone wrote off list about just copying and pasting
from AutoCAD to FM.

That's how I handled the original C&D sized FM docs -
but then I couldn't get a good PDF from the resultant
FM file. The resultant PDF would be totally blank of
the pasted material from AutoCAD and only display the
headers, footers and page numbers from the FM doc.

Way too weird. So I had to turn off several layers in
AutoCAD and save the AC file and then import that file
into FM for the actual drawings to show up in the pdf
version.

Whew! What a convoluted way to go about business.

Any suggestions for an easier way? Other than copying
and pasting that is?

Thanks

Leo

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com