Re: Why we hate/love the STC (Was open letter ...)

Subject: Re: Why we hate/love the STC (Was open letter ...)
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:25:46 -0700

Karen asked:
I haven't been on this list very long and I'm really surprised by the intense dislike several people have expressed for STC. Is there anyone on this list that likes STC?

Karen,

I've been a member of the STC for about ten years. I've been an *active* member for about two. Guess what? The past two years have been worth more than the other eight combined.

I was welcomed to chapter activities and by getting more involved I have a deeper understanding of what goals my chapter has and what it takes to reach them. And if I thought those goals are flawed I would try to do something about it instead of just suffering in silence.

It's not perfect (and what is?), but I find that you get out of it what you put into it.

The fact is that the leaders are trying to encourage the membership to help guide their own organization. If the members both let the leaders know what they need, and are willing to become part of the organization in a meaningful way, the improvements will be dramatic.

joanne grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Principal writer www.writeangles.com

In life it's not important how you fall, but how you get up.
-Halle Berry

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com