RE: Delivery formats for big complicated information

Subject: RE: Delivery formats for big complicated information
From: "Erika Yanovich" <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:42:24 +0300

Hi Mandy,
What you describe here (apart from the last 2 points, which are new content to develop) reminds me of something we did here in XML. Once you have all the data, you can build your XML file and then prepare an XSLT to show only the data the user chooses to see in a presentation format (on the web) of your choice. The card suggested by Geoff Hart sounds like a good format. We used something simpler (unfortunately I can't give you the URL because it requires a password). Imagine a table where you can enter filtering criteria in the heading (for each column) and the rows shown are according to the filter set. In each cell, you can have text or clickable items, which lead you to new windows or different pages.
HTH
Erika

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com