RE: Reading Word's Custom Properties without opening a doc?

Subject: RE: Reading Word's Custom Properties without opening a doc?
From: "Steve Hudson" <adslyy5g -at- tpg -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:27:44 +1000

That WordBasic command just returns the filepath of the selected document.
It has nothing to do with the command, for example, my ammendment to the MVP
site which also uses the DSOFile looks like this:

Sub GetAllCustProps(ByRef DocumentFullname As String, _
ByRef ALargeEnough2DArray() As Variant, _
ByRef Count As Long)
'Steve Hudson
'Pass it the full path and file name in DocumentFullname
'Dimension your array large enough, for eg Dim MyArray(100,2)
'Count returns the number of entries for that document
'ALargeEnough2DArray(n,1) returns the property name
'ALargeEnough2DArray(n,2) returns the property value

Dim oReader As DSOleFile.PropertyReader
Dim DocProp As DSOleFile.DocumentProperties
Dim CustProp As DSOleFile.CustomProperty

Count = 0
Set oReader = New DSOleFile.PropertyReader

Set DocProp = oReader.GetDocumentProperties(DocumentFullname)

For Each CustProp In DocProp.CustomProperties
Count = Count + 1
With CustProp
ALargeEnough2DArray(Count, 1) = .Name
ALargeEnough2DArray(Count, 2) = .Value