Moving from RoboHelp to AuthorIt

Subject: Moving from RoboHelp to AuthorIt
From: Kim Bourner <Kim -dot- Bourner -at- Manatron -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:25:07 -0400

Hello,

We are considering moving from RoboHelp to AuthorIt for the single
sourcing and many other features. Has anyone done this? Or has anyone
moved from any product to AuthorIt?

1 - If so, how was the transition?
2 - Did you move previous projects from RoboHelp or other tools into
AuthorIt?
3 - Did you have any special training other than the tutorials?
4 - How long before you were comfortable in it?
5 - What are your thoughts of their TOC and Index?
6 - Does it meet your needs?
7 - Did you purchase it through a vendor in the USA or from New Zealand?
7 - Any advice, suggestions, etc.?

I am leaving out other information about why we want to switch
because I want to hear your personal feelings about it. What are your
experiences? How do YOU like it?

Thank You,
Kim Bourner
Technical Writer
Embrace your uniqueness. Time is much too short to be living someone else's
life. - Kobi Yamada

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com