Re: Object Oriented Analysis Is An Oxymoron

Subject: Re: Object Oriented Analysis Is An Oxymoron
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:22:16 -0400

> It is easy to throw barbs. Why don't you explain why
> you think my comments are so shallow and narrow
> minded?

Sure.

To use your direct argument, design influences the UI design which
impacts the user experience. By understanding the design, the writer
can instruct the user through difficult areas in the UI which may not
be obvious to the user or to the writer who is not involved with
design.

For example, the design may involve everything under the sun of how to
hook into a Oracle database. The UI may provide a dialog box with
fields for username, password, host, port, SID, driver type, etc. Now,
suppose there are environments where the user may be required to have
a digital certificate to allow the SSL connection. How does the tech
writer allow for this if the UI doesn't concern it and the tech writer
knows only the WHAT about the application and not the HOW about the
task and environment?

The user experience transcends well beyond the UI. The UI is merely
the area where user experience impact is most easily visible.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com