Re: Subject: "Powered by RoboHelp" go bye-bye!!

Subject: Re: Subject: "Powered by RoboHelp" go bye-bye!!
From: "Rick Stone" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:30:44 -0500

Hi Daniel

1. Using a graphics editor (Paint works), create a 1 pixel by 1 pixel
transparent image.

I would have to say "in some cases". If you are using Windows XP, Paint may
well be missing that wonderful ability to manipulate images with
transparency. I reported this directly to the actual Project Lead at
Microsoft that was responsible for Paint. I never did hear back on that.

Additionally, using the method of the transparent image, you still run the
risk, small as it may be, of your user accidentally discovering the hidden
hotspot area.

As I've detailed in one of the topics in my Skinny on Skins file, here is a
reasonably easy way to banish this button *AND* make the modification
persist for subsequent generations of WebHelp.

=====> Begin copied information <=====
Remove the Powered By RoboHelp button (the easy way)

*NOTE: I've seen countless forum posts asking how to remove the Powered By
RoboHelp image. Often, others post a solution that requires you to remember
to manually adjust output files each time WebHelp is generated. Using this
method, there is no post generation tweaking required.

This process works for WebHelp only. It will not work for FlashHelp systems.
For FlashHelp, try this topic.

During one of my research forays mapping the .SKN file to the Skin Editor
dialogs, I unearthed yet another totally different and fairly simple method
to banish this button from the toolbar. The advantage of this method over
the others presented in the Skinny on Skins file, is that there is no way
your user could possibly click the 1x1 area. The area is removed from the
toolbar and simply doesn't exist!

Step 1. Using Windows Notepad or any of your favorite ASCII text editors,
locate and open your .SKN file.

*NOTE: Be sure to edit the .SKN file in the !SkinSubFolder!/SkinName
location and NOT in the WebHelp output location.

There is a certain elegance in editing the .SKN file. The elegance appears
in the fact that once the change is made to this file, all subsequent
generations of WebHelp using this skin will reflect the change. No post
generation tweaking is necessary!

Step 2. Locate the following text:

<toolbaritem mode="Logo Mode"

Step 3. Change the text to

<toolbaritem mode="graphic Mode"

Step 4. Close and save the .SKN file

*NOTE: When editing the .SKN file using Windows Notepad, be sure to click
File > Save As and ensure the Encoding: is configured for ANSI. I've seen it
happen before where it somehow thinks I want to save as UTF-8. If saved
using UTF-8, things won't work. WebHelp will appear to generate, but will
refuse to launch as certain elements will not be present.
=====> End copied information <=====

Sincerely... Rick :)
http://www.RoboWizard.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com