Re: contractor rate

Subject: Re: contractor rate
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:15:41 -0500

I think it was just plain snakey and sneaky that they didn't call to discuss and just sent the revised rate in an email. What does that say about the integrity of the client, even if they are treating you well now!

--
Michele

"She said she'd like to score some refer, and I'm 40."
--Quoted from a song in Simon's music directory
www.krautgrrl.com
www.krautboy.com
and the uber empyre

Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

I think your options here are somewhat limited. If the client had
asked you if you could come down on the rate there might have
been some room for negotiation, but when they present it to you
in the contract with no prior discussion, either you take the lower rate, or if you can afford to pass on the work, decline it.

Gene Kim-Eng

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com