Re: business strategy plans?

Subject: Re: business strategy plans?
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:58:49 -0700 (PDT)

Sorcha:

Strategy is procedure expressed to a higher level of
abstraction. When I document strategy, I create a
data flow diagram (an abstract statement of procedure)
to capture the essential business goals and how those
goals interrelate. (Note: the interrelationships are
the litmus test as to completness of my understanding
of goals.)

I then use the diagram as the primary input to
creating text.

Tony Markos
ajmarkos2 -at- yahoo -dot- com

--- "Canavan, Sorcha" <Sca29 -at- Allstate -dot- com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been tasked with writing a business strategy
> plan (3 year plan for project that has had a
> successful pilot). This is a different type of work
> from what a normally do (policy and standards,
> requirements specs, user guides, etc) and the
> customer wants a variety of different ways of
> showing the plan so that they can choose their
> favourite. I'm finding it difficult to come up with
> anything different from a bog standard report, does
> anyone have any experience with this type of
> document - if so, has a particular format or
> document type worked well for you in the past? Any
> thoughts would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sorcha

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush