A place to get some portfolio material

Subject: A place to get some portfolio material
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:34:46 -0700

If anybody on the list wants to get some portfolio material, an article on the
KDE World Summit mentions that KDE is revamping its on-line help, and looking
for people to help.

As some of you know, KDE is a graphical desktop for UNIX-like systems like
Linux.It includes not just the basic desktop, but also dozens of different
programs, ranging from basic utilities and games to the KDE Office suite.

I'm not connected with the project in any way, so please don't contact me with
questions. Instead, go to www.kde.org, and to the article:

http://business.newsforge.com/business/04/09/02/160256.shtml?tid=18

Key paragraph:

"Because of the nature of this new guide, the documentation team are very open
to submissions. Lauri wants to dispel the impression that you need to know a lot
about the documentation tools and a considerable time commitment to contribute
(an impression she feels is common amongst users). Developers are usually
reluctant to write this material, and find it difficult to describe their
technology in a way that users will understand, so if you find a section of the
guide not yet written, the documentation team encourage you to submit something
(simply send a plain text e-mail to kde-doc-english -at- kde -dot- org)."

--
Bruce Byfield

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com