RE: Nipping Noses (Was: Not done on the blank page yet!)

Subject: RE: Nipping Noses (Was: Not done on the blank page yet!)
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:38:13 -0500

-----Gene Kim-Eng wrote:-----

And as near as I could see, so were all of the answers.
<snip>

> Your questions were perfectly within what is expected and allowed on this
> forum.

One reply questioned if she wasn't too new at her job to be looking to change things. Another chastised her for asking the question at all. I'm sure those smarted. As I read them, I remember thinking that I'm glad those replies weren't directed at me because I would have felt verbally slapped. It appears that she got the same feeling.

And yes, I know that many people here don't think that we need to care how others feel. It's a public forum. Yaddah yaddah. That still doesn't make people feel better when they're the target of some of the not-so-nice replies. I tend to empathize with people, so I feel for them. Maybe I'm too soft. Maybe a harsh winter in Siberia would harden me up so I don't feel this way any more...

:-) Okay, so I'm losing it. It's Friday in Australia by now!

Donna

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com