Re: Research (WAS: Nipping Noses (Was: Not done on the blank page yet!))

Subject: Re: Research (WAS: Nipping Noses (Was: Not done on the blank page yet!))
From: Justin Ressler <JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:25:03 -0600

When you walk into Borders, or Barnes and Noble, or whatever mammoth book, music, movie store of your choice, do you

1. Immediately walk up to a sales person and say "I'm looking for Elvis music on CD."

2. Look at the CD section, then the Rock section, then "P" for Presley...or if the folks there aren't so good, you could look under "E" for Elvis? (I use Elvis because he is a popular musician, and the original query is a popular subject in the archives.

3. Go as far to use the kiosk that will show you a map of the store?

I prefer to do just a little research and find what I am looking for. If I am looking for something a little more obscure, say local bands, I might ask right away, but not usually. IF I can't find what I am looking for, I ask the sales clerk an intelligent question. I help them, help me. I don't ask them to help me find the easy stuff because others might require more help.

I think the original poster asked a perfectly legitimate question, and she may have asked the same question if she read every entry in the archive, but it never hurts to be armed with that information. It never hurts to check the archives.

Justin

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com