Re: How do you spell enroll in the UK?

Subject: Re: How do you spell enroll in the UK?
From: Geoff Lane <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 08:42:46 +0100

On Friday, September 3, 2004, Wade Courtney wrote;

> I use gmail and this was one of the links that came up with one of the
> tech writing threads.
---

>From the Pocket Oxford Dictionary (1994 edition):

enrol v. (US enroll) (-ll-) 1 enlist. 2 a write the name of (a person)
on a list. b incorporate as a member. c enrol oneself, esp.
for a course of study.  enrolment n. [French: related to
*en-1]

enroll v. (Brit. enrol) (-ll-) 1 enlist. 2 a write the name of (a
person) on a list. b incorporate as a member. c enrol
oneself, esp. for a course of study.  enrolment n. [French:
related to *en-1]

HTH,

--
Geoff