Re: Asking for Author Credit In The Documentation?

Subject: Re: Asking for Author Credit In The Documentation?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 11:32:50 -0700

Actually, I'm noticing that more and more company websites do
not have web developer credits on them anymore, as companies
are thinking more and more of their websites as part of product
rather than novelty advertising.

As far as credits on product documentation, we develop all of
ours internally and don't even put our own names on them (all
of our printed copies and soft files say "<Company Name>
Technical Publications," both in the content and the various
meta tags). So while I would agree that it can't hurt to ask, I
would bet I know what the answer is going to be.

Gene Kim-Eng