RE: MS Word Question

Subject: RE: MS Word Question
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:43:26 -0500

Donna,
Sometimes the most obvious solutions elude us, baffle us. Sometimes
not (it can be more complicated).
In 'Save as' (under File . . . ) you are given the choice of document
type (Save as type) to save as. It's my guess that this is set to
'document template' in your copy of Word. Just select 'Word document'.
I'm not a Word guru, but I am working on a CD-ROM tutorial (MS Word,
an Intro and Technical) which I will indeed finish and market one of
these years.

Jim Jones

+ tech writing/editing/illustration
+ Chinese, German, Spanish to English
+ cartooning + schematics + other

Donna Jones wrote:

Subject: MS Word Question

I have a question for you Word gurus out there. The file I'm working
with in
Word will not let me save as anything but a .dot (Document Template)
file. I
can't figure out a way to get it to let me save it as a normal .doc
file.
Any ideas? The file started out with a .doc extension, but I'm guessing
that
it was changed to that manually from .dot at some point.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com