Re: Updating Resume?

Subject: Re: Updating Resume?
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:18:01 -0500

Re: posting priv's, Eric is a benevolent master :) I've been reinstated several times. To the resume stuff: I have been a consultant for, gasp, 18 years (yes, even through college I consulted). My LONG resume is four pages, for those clients that want most stuff, but I normally crop her down to 1-2 pages and specifically add that this resume is from 2000-2004, or whatever, so they know that it is a shortened version. That is the problem with never being captive=longer CV's.

Michele

--
Michele

I'm nearly sublime in my pristine bleakness.
www.krautgrrl.com
www.krautboy.com
and the uber empyre

Michael Strickland wrote:

I know I'll get plenty of flack for this from people who have a contrary
opinion, but resumes should be kept to two pages or less. Employers who get
flooded with hundreds of resumes are going to look unkindly at fat resumes
that make that stack grow even taller. If yours is longer than that (six
pages -- YIKES!!), then you haven't done enough self-editing. A resume is a
summary of your experience, not a complete documentation of your entire
career in minute detail. It's to get you in the door, not to get you the
job. After you're in the door, use the interview (and any leave-behinds) to
provide additional levels of detail about your experience.

p.s. I guess clicking Send will reveal to me whether or not my posting
privileges have been reinstated after my scandalous job posting last
week....

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com