RE: Updating Resume?

Subject: RE: Updating Resume?
From: Lee Hunter <lee -dot- hunter -at- hum -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:17:36 -0400

It's nice to have a two page resume but the real issue is whether the first two
pages of your resume (especially the first page) are completely compelling. If
the resume has a great opening the page count really doesn't matter (providing
that the rest of the resume does not contain ANYTHING that is boring,
irrelevant, mediocre or that would in any way make the potential employer
uneasy).

If I'm spending millions of dollars on staff and risking millions more on the
project itself, I want to have a complete picture of the candidates. If you
catch my attention on the first page I don't mind skimming through the rest.

Lee Hunter - Technical Editor & Information Architect

------ http://www.hum.com ------- 613-282-1904 ------

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com