Re: Another question I've had for years...

Subject: Re: Another question I've had for years...
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:14:24 -0400

> "How would you get information from subject matter experts that are being...difficult? Let's say that they never had the time to speak with you, or they were reluctant to give you the information that you needed."

I'd reply with a few questions:

"That depends. What is the corporate culture like, how much authority
would I have in my role here, and how much influence does
Documentation as a department have in your engineering group?"

There is no right answer to this question, and those who ask it know that.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com