Re: Another question I've had for years...

Subject: Re: Another question I've had for years...
From: James Barrow <vrfour -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:06:47 -0700

Most definitely. For most of the companies that I have worked for, I have dealt with people who displayed the utmost professionalism, save one. And I have been told that this was because all of the entertainment industry is this way.

I'm talking about engineers who have heart attacks every six months, and then take out their anger and fear by throwing objects in a lab, let alone act indignant when asked for information.

DBAs who spend more time chasing skirts, than attending meetings. This guy's calendar had blocks of time flagged as 'unavailable', and the joke around the water cooler was that you had to work around his 'rendezvous' schedule. Ask him to talk with you as he was primping for 'date'? You're pressuring him.

Network engineers who show up to work high as a kite or a bit toasted.

Yeah, that made getting information from SMEs a little challenging.

- Jim

On Sep 18, 2004, at 10:05 AM, Tony Markos wrote:

SME's have no time to give info? SME's just plain
reluctant to give info?

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com