RE: Allocated chapter numbers for specific chapter content

Subject: RE: Allocated chapter numbers for specific chapter content
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mabr -at- flir -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:25:24 +0200

> Right on target. I admire SGML all to pieces.
> Well-structured information presentation is the thing that
> really blows up my dress. Whoo!
>
> Ned Bedinger
> Ed Wordsmith Technical Communications

Correct me if I'm wrong (as I belong to the XML generation), but wasn't
the problem with SGML that it was an overly complex standard, where 95 %
of the users used only 5 % of the standard's possibilites, and that this
fact was one of the problems that eventually led to XML?

Sincerely,
Mats Broberg
Technical Documentation Manager
www.flirthermography.com