Re: water intoxication (was RE: Carpal Tunnel)

Subject: Re: water intoxication (was RE: Carpal Tunnel)
From: "Ned Bedinger" <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:53:09 -0700

Bruce Evans wrote:

> of hordes of healthy adults walking around with bottles of water only
> strengthens the view that we've become a self-obsessed lot who haven't
> outgrown the baby bottle.

That is seriously funny caricature! :-)

In the interest of cartooning as instructional device, I would expand the
story line with a few extra illustrations:

1. the orally-fixated adult as caffeine addict at Starbucks
2. the orally-fixated adult caffeine addict getting a blood pressure
reading
3. the orally-fixated adult displacing the caffeine habit with bottled
water.

Then I'd commission it as a folding triptych in the Norman Rockwell style,
and start making sales calls to MDs and naturopaths. Imagine the waiting
room impact of that imagery on a generation that is already trying to manage
the amount of fluid in their bodies! I'll be sitting pretty, in my new gig
as entrepreneurial salesman for Drs. Shatz & Payne brand of herbal
diuretics.

Woohoo. Investors welcomed.

Any similarities to real persons is unintentional. This disclaimer releases
me from any legal obligation to title the artwork "Self Portrait."

Ned Bedinger
Ed Wordsmith Technical Communications

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com