Re: Enchanted Development Organizations Was: Re: Expectations too high?

Subject: Re: Enchanted Development Organizations Was: Re: Expectations too high?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:24:59 -0700 (PDT)

> Unfortunately, going to developer meetings is always
> an excercise in jumping into an ocean of design
> detail. It is unfortunate: everyone is unsure of

It is their meeting. They are calling it for a purpose...to discuss
details. However, what is there to prevent you from participating in
your own way. What is there to prevent you from throwing in a
well-chosen "Why?" or "How?"

> plays it safe by limiting his/her conversation to the
> very concrete. This is a waste of time. It is much

For you, maybe. I, for one, WANT to hear the concrete. I want to know
the facts. I want to know the details. I also have the ability to
diregard what doesn't apply to me and to retain what does. I'm a
"selective" sponge...I only absorb what applies to what I do and I
have the ability to know the difference.

> 2.) Avoid design considerations until you have a
> understanding of the system's underlying (i.e., design
> independent) logic. This is a basic analysis

Avoid nothing. What you learn now may be premature and you won't know
what it means. However...at some point, it will fall into place. It
might be 8:30 pm...from your office will come "ah HA! NOW I
understand what that meant!"

> disjointed HOW - to any degree of rigor - are claiming
> that they can do what Systems Analysts have known for
> decades can not done.

Have they?

=====
John Posada