RE: Action(s) menu

Subject: RE: Action(s) menu
From: Michael Strickland <Mstrickland -at- entriq -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:12:44 -0700

This is just my $0.02, but why contribute to an ongoing mislabeling of the
menu (in speech) by formalizing it in the documentation? And does it really
matter how difficult it may be to pronounce, considering you're talking
about _written_ documentation?

If it's labeled "Actions," I'd call it so in the documentation. It might be
a bigger issue if there were a bigger difference between the colloquialism
and the official label (e.g. if everyone called it the Action menu, but it
was labeled Execute). But Action vs. Actions? Big deal.

If you really feel strongly about Action over Actions, then push to change
the UI. Otherwise, I wouldn't sow confusion by labeling it the Actions menu
but referring to it as the Action menu.