Customising help in bought packages

Subject: Customising help in bought packages
From: Hanlie Pretorius <hpretorius -at- pnp -dot- co -dot- za>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:20:55 +0200

Hi,

The retail company I work for is moving from developing software to
buying the software we need for our business. We're probably going to go
for 'wall-to-wall' SAP.

I was wondering whether any one else on the list has experienced this
transition and how did it affect your job? I suppose the package itself
has proper manuals and online help, but some customisation is
inevitable, so the help will need to change as well. We've been assured
that no one here will lose their jobs, but I fear that even if this is
true, the nature of my job might change to something I don't enjoy. Or
perhaps it'll change to something I enjoy better!

Thanks
Hanlie

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security -at- pnp -dot- co -dot- za

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com