ADMIN: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: ADMIN: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Lisa M. Bronson" <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 21:57:13 -0600

Hey everyone!

I have a new poll for you all. There has been some discussion on the list
in the past few days about how to break into technical writing, so that's
what this week's poll is about. Additionally, I'd like to point out some
excellent resources on the TECHWR-L site. Go to
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/magazine/index.html and look at the
links on the right hand side. There are several subjects there, including
"Land That First Job." Each subject contains several articles, so browse
around and see what you can find.

And don't forget to vote in this week's poll: How did you get your first
technical writing job?

* I had an Bachelors degree in tech writing.
* I had a Masters degree or Ph.D in tech writing.
* I had a degree in a different discipline.
* I used school coursework as my first portfolio.
* I used my programming (or technical) skills.
* My boss said it was my job to write the manual.
* I used my tech writing certificate.
* I used my MCSE certificate.
* It just sort of fell into my lap.
* Other/None of the above.