Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: <archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 02:30:01 -0600

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...
* STORY: SnagIt - the Path to Productivity (NEW)
* ANNOUNCE: WebWorks ePublishing Webinars: The Fast Track to
Advanced Skills
* TRAINING: Improve Your FrameMaker Skill Set: Two Classes
You Shouldn?t Miss

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

STORY: SnagIt - the Path to Productivity

~~~~~~~~~~

Dan the technical writer and his friend Brian got together to watch their
favorite football team play.

"Man, I wish I were a professional sports player," Brian said. "I think
I'd be ... a golfer. How about you, Dan?"

"I'd be a SnagIt developer," Dan said.

"What?!" Brian replied.

"SnagIt - the leading screen capture software. Not only can I capture
exactly what I want on the screen, but I can also place SnagIt in the
toolbar of the entire MS Office Suite. That way, it's extremely easy to
access," Dan said.

"Plus, I can do all my editing within the same program! I mean, think of
the brainpower that went into developing that!" Dan gushed.

Brian chewed some popcorn and reflected. "So you'd pick that over being a
football player?" he said.

"Well - if I had a brain like that," Dan said, "who says I couldn't do
both?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Increase your productivity with SnagIt's smart features - try it FREE for
30 days. Purchase for $39.95!

Log onto:
http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/technicalwriters.asp?DCMP=BAC-Techwrl

~~~~~~~~~~

10/04/04 - 10/10/04

ANNOUNCE: WebWorks ePublishing Webinars: The Fast Track to
Advanced Skills

WebWorks Services has made accelerating your learning curve easy
and convenient with live 90-minute online training sessions. Here
are our upcoming Webinar topics for October:

* Getting Started with WebWorks Publisher Professional
October 5, 10 a.m. PDT (1 p.m. EDT)
October 13, 11 a.m. PDT (2 p.m. EDT)
October 21, 9 a.m. PDT (12 p.m. EDT)
* Delivering Localized Content with WebWorks Publisher
October 19, 11 a.m. PDT (2 p.m. EDT)
* Delivering Context-Sensitivity with WebWorks Publisher
October 7, 10 a.m. PDT (1 p.m. EDT)
* WebWorks Publisher Functions: Advancing Beyond the Basics
October 27, 10 a.m. PDT (1 p.m. EDT)

These interactive classes are conducted via WebEx, so you can get
the most out of your investment in WebWorks Publisher -- without
leaving your desk. To sign up or for more information, visit us
at www.webworks.com/techwr-l/webinars or call WebWorks Services at
512-719-3399 ext.503.

09/23/04-12/30/05
Hoosier Chapter.

The first class, "What You Need to Know about Structured FrameMaker", is
designed to help technical writers and other content creators begin
creating and managing structured, reusable content using Adobe FrameMaker.

The second class, "Using Adobe FrameMaker with WebWorks Publisher", is
designed to teach writers how to create HTML information products (e.g.
online help, web content, documentation) from Adobe FrameMaker files using
WebWorks Publisher.

CLASS DETAILS

October 19, 2004 -- What You Need to Know about Structured FrameMaker

* Authoring in structure: working with structured documents in FrameMaker,
the structured view window
* The power of EDDs and DTDs: where structure comes from, how to work with
DTDs and EDDs, how to modify structure
* XML in and out: working with a FrameMaker structured application, how to
set up the actual application file for round-trip XML

October 20, 2004 -- Using Adobe FrameMaker with WebWorks Publisher

* Overview of templates
* Creating and managing projects
* Working with FrameMaker source documents
* Mapping WebWorks styles
* TOC Mapping and splitting files
* Generating output
* Overview of the Style Designer
* Understanding the document.css and catalog.css files
* Deploying

REGISTRATION INFORMATION

Registration fee: 1 class $199 per student, both classes $350 per student

To register: Send an email to training -at- travelthepath -dot- com (include your
complete contact information and the number of students planning to
attend).

Class location: New Horizons Learning Center, 11611 North Meridian St.,
Carmel, IN

(NOTE: If you can?t make it to this class, contact us to schedule a class
in your area)

Lunch: On your own/or bring a bag

Snacks and drinks: Provided

ABOUT BRIGHT PATH SOLUTIONS
Bright Path Solutions offers full spectrum solutions for paper and
electronic publishing. Our complete services include pre-sales information
and demonstrations, software licensing, consulting assistance, and quality
training and workshops.

ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Kay Ethier is an Adobe Certified Expert in FrameMaker 7.x and several
prior versions. She instructs training classes, performs consulting, and
provides support to clients in a variety of industries. Kay resides in the
Research Triangle Park are of North Carolina. In 2001, Kay co-authored the
book XML Weekend Crash Course (Wiley/HungryMinds). She has most recently
been a contributing author on Advanced FrameMaker (TIPS Technical
Publishing) and XML and FrameMaker (Apress).

CONTACT US
Bright Path Solutions
www.travelthepath.com
training -at- travelthepath -dot- com
919.244.8559

09/22/04-10/05/04

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5100 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Lisa
(lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/postad.html.