Re: MIF2GO Doubts

Subject: Re: MIF2GO Doubts
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:15:57 -0400

> I'm evaluating MIF2GO to convert FrameMaker files (via MIF) into Word documents (via RTF).
>
> I downloaded an evaluation copy of the software and any conversion, a line or a whole FrameMaker book, shows at least 75 errors for every 100 words converted.
>
> I have a few doubts :
>
> Is that how the demo version works ?
> Or is that the degree of accuracy that MIF2GO can achieve ?
> If we purchase the full version (US$ 295 per seat), does this problem "go away"?
> Is "Word 8 / 97" the best MIF2GO can do ? Does the purchased version convert into more recent RTF / DOC versions ?
>
> Would appreciate an early reply.

I can't speak to the errors you're receiving but many have been saying
that Mif2Go is the best solution for converting FM docs to Word docs.
IMO, Word 8/97 is quite sufficient for post-conversion output. You can
then pick that up with Word x and do what you want with it. By
converting to Word 97, you're pretty much garanteeing that most if not
all people you work with will be able to work with the files. (I
assume "best it can do" means you'd like Mif2Go to save out as Word
2000 or better? You can use a Word 97 doc in Word "better than 97" and
save it up to your version.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com