Expressing SQL in Design Doc

Subject: Expressing SQL in Design Doc
From: jsokohl -at- mac -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:07:10 -0600

Hi all,

I'm editing some info. Developer gives me description of a PL/SQL
procedure, but he capitalizes all the SQL items in the description of the
flow. I think only the SQL verbs should be capped, but he's got'em all
capped--nouns & verbs.

Example (truncated for proprietary code):
-------------
Create the Batch Employee Program Reference List.
The ROWSET will contain one ROW for each distinct Batch Employee Program
Name and Description from the Batch Employee Table for the group. Each
WHERE clause receives its own....Ensure that each SELECT statement ends in

I'm mostly interested in the ROW and ROWSET. My convention and my
understanding of the appropriate approach would be to capitalize only
words such as WHERE and GET and SELECT, but not words such as row and
rowset and column and so on.

Comments?

Grazie,

joe