Re: Bite your tongue interview qs

Subject: Re: Bite your tongue interview qs
From: Sue Ellen Colter <sea -at- best -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:17:41 -0700

On 10/20/04 mearro -at- msn -dot- com wrote:

>Anyhow - anyone else have a similar experience? Can you think of any silly
>questions or odd interview conversations?

During one of my interviews right after I graduated from college the
interviewer compared me to his "scatter-brained" daughter. By this time I
was certain that I wouldn't get the job, no matter how good I was. The
interviewer wanted to know if my husband would allow me to travel. I
replied that travel wouldn't be a problem if it was an essential part of
the job.

He then said that the company had experienced problems with women
traveling. Now I was curious--where were they being sent. It seems that a
man and a woman were traveling together and booked at the same hotel. When
there was a shortage of rooms, the hotel booked them into the same room;
the reservations were last name and first initial only. The interviewer
explained that there wouldn't have been a problem if two men had been
traveling. I pointed out that this was NOT the woman's problem; it was the
hotel's. However, the problem could also have been avoided if two women had
been sent. The interviewer stared at me, then he ended the interview.

sue ellen

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com