Re: Fonts?

Subject: Re: Fonts?
From: cchris -at- toptechwriter -dot- us
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:34:42 -0600

I keep reading that sans-serif is easier to read on-screen, and in theory
it should be. But how many of you still use the default font settings for
your web browser??? On every Mac browser I've used, serif fonts are the
default for text, so if people are leaving that setting alone, it can't be
too difficult to read.

I read somewhere (can't stop to Google it) that the font style used in
schoolbooks when you were learning to read will be the most readable.

Regards,
Chris
TopTechWriter.US
http://www.toptechwriter.us
Award-winning technical writing and illustration services.

<snip>

Lynne Wright said:
>Also keep in mind that serif fonts (esp. Times Roman) aren't ideal for
>on-screen display... the thin strokes of the letters start to break up.
So
>not a good idea if your docs will may be viewed in any electronic format,
>such as pdfs or on the web.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com