RE: PDF to Word or TXT

Subject: RE: PDF to Word or TXT
From: "Kay Ethier" <kethier -at- travelthepath -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 12:10:07 -0500

James:

You might check out options for DeQue's tools. Their unDoc tool allows
output from PDF to XML/HTML. If you want to get to RTF or TXT, they may
have another tool to get to these other formats from PDF. Product info
is on their website: http://www.deque.com .

Note, too, that in multicolumn layouts, you may want to turn your PDF
into a "tagged PDF" using the Acrobat plugin from Adobe's website.
(I've forgotten its name but could look around for it for you.) Once
the PDF is tagged, the columns should be recognized properly and should
come out as a single text flow.

Good luck,

Kay