Creative Writing Samples for Instructional Writer Position

Subject: Creative Writing Samples for Instructional Writer Position
From: "Hamlett, Ashaki" <Ashaki -dot- Hamlett -at- pfizer -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:50:17 -0500

Hello,
I recently endured three rounds of interviews for a job as an Instructional
Designer. The main job responsibility is writing Web based training for
company employees. During the second interview, I submitted several writing
samples---a quick reference card, training manual, and an excerpt from a
user manual. I just received a call from the HR rep asking did I have
anything more creative because the samples I submitted seemed rather techie.
She suggested something that has more of a narrative tone. When I mentioned
that I've written company policies in the past, she went on to ask is there
anything creative that I've done, even if it's outside of the workplace. I'm
open to creating a document, so I can showcase my writing skills, but I'm
short on time (they want it as soon as possible) and I'm not sure I fully
understand their definition of a creative writing sample. Comments?
Thoughts? All suggestions are appreciated.
TIA,
Ashaki

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com