Re: ADMIN: New Poll Question

Subject: Re: ADMIN: New Poll Question
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:46:56 -0800

Quoting TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>:

> > Special thanks to Bruce Byfield for suggesting this week's poll question!
>
> You know, when I read the poll I thought "this is Bruce type of question".
> ;-)

I'm not even going to ask what you mean by that. You might tell me ;->

One of the reasons I came up with the question is that many people are obviously
posting and reading at work, and I'm curious about how that is regarded. One
poster considered reading the list as job-related, but, without taking sides, I
can just as easily imagine others believing the opposite. In other words, how is
reading the list regarded ethically?

And what about employers' viewpoints? Do they share the opinion that
list-reading is justified if done on company time? Or do people just assume that
it is?

And even if reading it is justified by the job description, does reading and
sending one liners or Friday humor count?

Inquiring minds would like to know - or, at least, one would.

--
Bruce Byfield

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com