RE: Pocket PC/Palm invoicing for contractors

Subject: RE: Pocket PC/Palm invoicing for contractors
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:22:18 -0500

Pocket Excel works fine for that purpose. You can also use calendar as a
time record, together with a record of what you did. Unless you have more
than two appointments a day, there really is no need for more. If you want
something more sophisticated, I think you may find it on the web.

Peter

> As a contractor I am always working on someone else's
> computer to do my timesheets and invoices, and when I do my
> books at the end of each quarter, half my records are on the
> work PC, or I haven't printed them out etc etc.
> making the whole process more complicated and stressful.
>
> I got a promotional Toshiba Pocket PC when I bought my last
> laptop - something I would never have purchased (my thoughts
> were - who wants to carry work around with them everywhere?),
> but have quickly found that I now don't have to get home and
> go into my office and sit there and check my emails, I can
> just synchronise the Pocket PC at home, take it to work, or
> whereever and then check my emails when I'm on lunch at work.
> It's helped me get pretty organised.
>
> But it has got me thinking about other things that could be
> synchronised that would be useful to contractors - such as
> generating my invoices on the Pocket PC so that they could be
> emailed to work and synchronised at home.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com