Re: Text enrichment software tool

Subject: Re: Text enrichment software tool
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 06:57:12 -0500

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:28:33 +0200, Erez Perelmuter <erezp -at- team -dot- co -dot- il> wrote:

One of the technical writers in this forum e-mailed
me the product WhiteSmoke that can be used for text enrichment.

You can get more details at www.whitesmoke.com

What do you think about it ?

It assumes that one is usnig MS Outlook and MS Word, which is
not necessarily the case.

I could not get it working, but I gave it only two or three
minutes of my time, and I never use Outlook.

Its registration tool asks one for a profession. "Technical
Writer" is not among the possibilities.

My own writing tends to be terse and to the point. Should I
happen to have the desire to render my prose in a more florid
manner, perhaps with excursions into sidepaths with interesting
tidbits such as "Trenton is the Capital of New Jersey," (it's
true), or some extraneous or difficult concepts by which the
meaning is not enhanced, but the readability score is brought
to a level more commensurate with the lack of understanding that
passes for knowledge among so many, I find that I possess
already an ability far too great for normal usage.

Crikers! I don't need Whitesmoke. I just uninstalled it.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com