Re: Writing tests for Peoplesoft contract position?

Subject: Re: Writing tests for Peoplesoft contract position?
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:24:11 -0500

bounce-techwr-l-106467 -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com wrote on 11/17/2004 07:14:31 PM:
> Am I the only one here who finds this request deeply offensive?

Seems to me you're guilty of offence theft.

I suppose you find a huge portion of the software industry offensive.
Considering a large portion of available courses and instruction are all
geared towards passing specific tests and certification exams.

Is everyone that picks up study guides for SAT and other standardised
tests unethical or immoral? Are those that have prepared for interviews by
reading the same books the interviewers use unethical or immoral?

Perhaps the side discussion can stop and someone who might have something
helpful to provide the original poster might have a chance to respond
without fear of being judged.

While I can't comment on Peoplesoft or their testing procedures, I do wish
the original poster the best of luck. If it is just a general test
developed in-house, I wouldn't sweat the details. Just relax and be
open-minded. Ask questions and discuss requirements with whomever is
supervising the test. They're not your old school teacher, so there's no
need to feel intimidated or to develop test anxiety.

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com