Re: Time to Ask for Money?

Subject: Re: Time to Ask for Money?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:42:44 -0800

If you haven't already, I would suggest working up a brief summary of
what you think he needs (in terms of your effort), how many hours you
think it would take and what your rate is. You can soften the impact
a bit by breaking the project down into stages rather and by picking up
the tab for lunch if you think that will help. :)

Ultimately, the fact that you're not willing to do any more unpaid work
means that you're not risking much of anything if you "scare him away."

Gene Kim-Eng