Re: 10 Things All Technical Writers Should Do

Subject: Re: 10 Things All Technical Writers Should Do
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:05:32 -0800

And properly targeted and executed, it also = continued
opportunity to work.

I consider myself quite "emotionally attached" to my work, and
encourage those who report to me to be so as well. However,
I don't judge "my work" in terms of the actual documents we
produce or in any of the touchy-feely concepts one finds in the
monthly STC journals. "My work," and the work of my team,
is producing whatever documents our company's product
marketing and development process dictates best supports
our goals to develop and deliver product that ships on time,
works in the field with minimal defects and user issues and
brings in a profit that meets the company's revenue targets. If
producing 500 "Class C" docs rather than 50 "Class A" docs
means our company's goals are met and my writers and I are
well regarded and rewarded, then my work *is* "Class A."

Gene Kim-Eng