Re: Research Questionnaire

Subject: Re: Research Questionnaire
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:15:56 -0500

I thought it'd generate some decent discussion about the similarities
and differences between the tools we use. Given that the survey was
academic in nature and it wasn't mentioned whether response summaries
would be shared with the list, I thought I'd exercise some creative
spunk and share my response with others to promote sharing of tool
sets and workflows.

Surely this is more on-topic than some other threads of late...

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:46:49 -0500, Lee Hunter <lee -dot- hunter -at- hum -dot- com> wrote:

> The mailing list has 5,000 subscribers. Should even a small minority send survey
> people. And for what purpose?
>
> It's a very different thing when someone has an actual comment about the survey
> itself or can provide information beyond what is covered by the survey.
>
> But sending nothing but your individual response to the entire list is a bit
> lame. The whole point of having a survey is that the results are gathered in
> one place and organized into some kind of context. We really don't care what
> Oja, W. Kelly had for breakfast this morning, but knowing what all the
> technical writers had for breakfast might be kind of interesting. As long as we
> don't have to hear from them one at a time.
>
> Although you're quite right that the same could be said about people posting
> their responses to the TECHWR-L surveys.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com