Re: This year's salary survey-same old same old.. HERE WE GO!

Subject: Re: This year's salary survey-same old same old.. HERE WE GO!
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:56:41 -0600

Well, that's why I'm an overachevier. Three kids, and I've worked over 200 hours on three contracts simultaneously for the past three weeks. And I've sold 45 items on ebay and went estate saling during that same time period. One must be an A++++++++ personality to live the reality and the dream, sorry Gene, but I think you can have both, I haven't slowed down since my teens!

Michele, superwoman, consultant, who earns as much if not more than men I know!

PS: And today I wrote a paper about American Indians and printed pictures for it for my 8th grader. I'm currently baking cookies and squash, AND I'm about to embark on making a wreath for the front door, directions graciously derived from jailed Martha Stewart. :) Then I will cook my beef rack and we'll have dinner and then zoom out the door to see a movie! So much for a relaxed Thanksgiving. I am, though, reading an interesting article from a 1976 edition of Soviet Life.

--
Michele
612-824-3516

Wright, Lynne wrote:

It seems (in part from what Eileen and Gene have written), that:

- The only way to get more money for consistently proving yourself to be a
really good worker at one company, is to leave that employer. Whatever
happened to rewarding good employees so that they DON'T leave and take their
skills and experience with them? CRAZY!

- You should change jobs regularly... not to keep from getting bored to
death and to learn new things, but so you can keep making more money, as a
stepping stone to leaving again in a few years to get more money. Why should
we keep having to start over again and again? Who needs that kind of
upheaval and stress? And why does being a recent hire, with the inherent
learning curve, entitle new employees to higher salaries than existing staff
at the same level? NUTS!!

- By the nature of our biology, women must bear children, so in addition to
having to go through all the discomfort and sacrifice that that entails, we
are supposed to accept being paid less than our colleagues, even if we come
back to work after having a kid and perform at the same level as the man
sitting beside us? FLAT OUT INSANE AND UNFAIR!!!

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com