query re help

Subject: query re help
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:56:06 -0600

This person I know said something to me the other day and I thought that
it might be interesting to present it to the techwr-l community. He was
complaining again about what he sees as a low quality, in general, of
the instructions and technical instructions that people get with things.
Then he said that he can never use computer help because it's never
helpful. He said, 'Don't you agree?' To which I said no. I said that
computer help is generally helpful to me, but it does vary in quality.
This person is over 60 and only uses computers in his work. Never at
home.
I gather that it has been difficult for him to get accustomed to
computer technology in the office.
My question is, is it common for people (who are in this group, who
are over 60 and who had trouble learning computers) to have such a large
complaint against computer help?

Jim Jones

TECHNICAL writing |editing |illustration
Chinese, German, Spanish to English translation
cartooning |schematics |Chinese characters |other
http://www.tinyurl.com/4arjc

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com