Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: John Fleming <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:31:54 -0700

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:56:06 -0700, while chained to a desk in the
scriptorium, lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com ("Lisa M. Bronson") wrote:

Hmmmm. Let's see.

> $* Look for a different job locally

Not my best option at the moment.

> $* Move most anywhere for more money

Better option than local.

> $* Tighten my budget because I love my job

Somehow I seem to have enough money at the end of the month. Cat might
say otherwise, though.

> $* Get a part time job to make ends meet

See previous option.

I will eventually have to look at a masters degree--even if I stay where
I am.

> $* Change careers with the skills I have now

There may be some downsides here.

> $* I always get a raise!

I can blame the union for this.

> $* Other/None of the above

There are always other options--networking funtions, short courses and
seminars, and the like.

John Fleming
Technical Writer
Edmonton, Alberta