Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:20:41 -0800

What a shame! I absolutely love my job, and have loved other jobs I've
held in the past. And except in the case where companies were under
salary freezes, I've always received a raise based on strong
performance. So in 5 out of 6 companies, I've received a raise, and
the 1 out fo 6 comapnies who didn't reward me a raise did so because
no one was getting them (however bonuses were still awarded with the
understanding that when the company was doing better they'd be paid
out, and I received mine 14 months after being laid off).

Maybe I'm just a magnet for weird corporate behavior?

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:44:37 -0800, John Wilcox <jwilcox -at- zetron -dot- com> wrote:

> It's obvious from the high percentage of "Other/None of the above" answers
> that another choice should have been available. And it's probably:
>
> - Tighten my budget because I NEED my job.
>
> (It's also obvious that there aren't a whole lot of people who love their
> job.)

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com