RE: usability study

Subject: RE: usability study
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:42:50 -0500

Did you and your client agree on what constitutes a "usability review"? A
review could be 10 pages, perhaps, with sections like Strengths, Weaknesses,
General Recommendations. I would not get into details of recommendations
unless the client specifically requested me to do so.

If all of the above is irrelevant because you and the client agree that you
are to produce a proposal (not really a review), then write it like a
proposal, with the appropriate balance of tone. Separating the content into
the headings mentioned above can help. Nobody's going to complain about
"negativity" when they read a section called "Weaknesses."

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com

> lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com wrote:
>
> > My client has
> > asked me to write a usability review of their online help and their
> > paper documentation. So far I have about 40 pages
> describing all the
> > things that are problematic with the help and the docs.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com