Re: New Guy Question - MS Word

Subject: Re: New Guy Question - MS Word
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:32:26 -0800

Heidi Liebl-Slabinski wrote:

This has proven effective at keeping my styles exactly
as I defined them in the template. No funkifying, no
stealthy new styles.
Am I a control freak? Yup... and proud of it!

Oh, me, too--especially when managing multiple-writer projects.

I developed a handful of macros that I use periodically, as follows:

1. List paragraph styles in use.

After I run this, I search for any paragraph styles that shouldn't
be used and change them to the appropriate style.

2. Remove unused paragraph styles.

This gets rid of all the bad styles, now that none of them are
in use. (It gets rid of unused good styles, too; but that's what
the next step is for.)

3. Merge all styles from template.

Now I've got a document with only the styles I want it to have,
defined and used just as they are in the template.

--David

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com

HTML Indexer is still the easiest way to create and maintain real indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com