Re: expanding our range

Subject: Re: expanding our range
From: "Mark Kakkuri" <mark_kakkuri -at- polk -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:13:16 -0500

* The written word is a very poor mechanism for
communicating procedure. Tom says, "Produre is like
dance, it defies written description."
[snip]
<<<

Interesting... It seems that procedure and even thoughts MUST be
connected with words in some way. One may be able to better ~show~
procedure using a flowchart or other "visual" medium. But I don't think
that procedure "defies" written description. It can't. Denying the
viability of words is intellectually dishonest. It's like saying there
are no absolutes.

Mark Kakkuri
Senior Technical Writer
R. L. Polk & Co.
Phone: 248-728-7343
Fax: 248-728-6881
mark_kakkuri -at- polk -dot- com

This message has originated from R.L. Polk & Co.,
26955 Northwestern Highway Southfield, MI 48034

R. L. Polk & Co. sends various types of e-mail
communications. If this email message concerns the
potential licensing of a Polk product or service, and
you do not wish to receive further emails regarding Polk
products, forward this email to Do_Not_Send -at- polk -dot- com
with the word "remove" in the subject line.

The email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed.

If you have received this email in error please delete this
message and notify the Polk System Administrator at postmaster -at- polk -dot- com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com

Previous by Author: Re: Typical screen resolution, these days (or, WHY IS CSS the way it is -- haven't we learned ANYTHING in ALL THESE YEARS no, guess we have not)?